An update from Kincardine Veterinary Services on COVID-19
Dear Clients and Friends,
We sincerely hope that you and all your loved ones are staying well and safe in this time of turmoil. The COVID-19 situation is a moving target and we are changing our policies in an attempt to keep our team, our clients and our families as safe and healthy as possible. Ultimately, that is to ensure we can continue to provide the best possible care for your furry family. We aim to be here for you and yours if we are needed.
In order to make this happen, we have implemented several changes within the clinic, which are outlined as follows:
- Hours remain the same, with the exception that we are only open for supply and medication pick-ups on Saturday.
- Prescription orders must be submitted by 5pm Friday for Saturday pick-up.
- Please call ahead for all of your needs. We will gather your supplies and process payment over the phone where at all possible. A table is set up outside for the exchange of supplies and is disinfected after each transaction.
- All sales, including unopened bags of pet food, are final.
- Clients are no longer permitted within the building. If we need to see your pet, call ahead and we will discuss with you how we can provide care. We have ZOOM set up in exam rooms so that you can watch the exam being performed, even if you cannot be right there with your precious pet.
- Only essential appointments are being scheduled at this time. We will be contacting you if an annual wellness exam is coming due for an animal in your family. At that time we will discuss what steps may need to be taken to keep your family safe.
- The number of appointments we see in a day has been reduced to accommodate for extra steps in sanitation and a decreased number of staff in the building, as we are on a team rotation.
These are difficult times for everyone, but we will get through it by working together to care for everyone.
Please check back regularly, and watch your email for updates from our team.
Our Current Hours:
Saturday: 8:30am-1pm for supply and prescription pick-up only.
As always, in case of emergency please phone the clinic at 519-396-2071.
Updates on COVID-19 Pertaining To You and Your Pet
The following links to a resource we closely follow and monitor, as every post pertains to how COVID-19 affects our relationship with our pets, and how our clinic needs to operate to keep everyone safe.
Pet Health Checker
Use Pet Health Checker to help you decide if your pet’s symptoms require immediate attention or if you should continue to monitor those symptoms at home.
Food & Prescriptions
If you require food and/or prescription refills, please use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready, and make payment arrangements and to bring the food out to your vehicle.
Check Out Our Webstore
If you haven’t already, sign up for our webstore. You can get food and supplies delivered right to your door. There are also discounts and free shipping on auto-orders over $50!