COVID-19 Updates From Kincardine Veterinary Services
Dear Clients and Friends,
We sincerely hope that you and all your loved ones are staying well and safe in this time of turmoil. The COVID-19 situation is a moving target and we are changing our policies in an attempt to keep our team, our clients and our families as safe and healthy as possible. Ultimately, that is to ensure we can continue to provide the best possible care for your furry family. We aim to be here for you and yours if we are needed.
In order to make this happen, we have implemented several changes within the clinic, which are outlined as follows:
- Hours are now 8:30am-5pm. We are open every 3rd Saturday for appointments and all other Saturdays for supply and medication pick-ups on only.
- Due to increased call volume and pressure on our team, we require two business days to fill any medication requests. If it is urgent, we can apply a rush charge for faster turn around time. Specially compounded medications require 6-8 business days to process.
- No person is permitted entry into the clinic. A questionnaire must be filled out prior to an appointment or you may be asked to reschedule.
- Please call ahead for all of your needs. We will gather your supplies and process payment over the phone where at all possible. A table is set up just inside/outside the door for the exchange of supplies. We sanitize our processing system in between each use, and regularly disinfect our front counter and doors.
- A pre-screening list of questions is to be performed prior to the appointment and if there has been any travel outside of Bruce County, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. If we need to see your pet, call ahead and we will discuss with you how we can provide care. We have ZOOM or speaker phone set up in exam rooms so that you can participate in the exam being performed, even if you cannot be right there with your precious pet.
- The number of appointments we see in a day has been reduced to accommodate for extra steps in sanitation. Please be patient with us. We are doing our best.
- Emails can also take 3-5 days for a response. If your request is urgent, please call the clinic.
These are difficult times for everyone, but we will get through it by working together to care for everyone.
Please check back regularly, and watch your email for updates from our team.
Our Current Hours:
Saturday: 8:30am-1pm for supply and prescription pick-up only. Every 3rd Saturday for appointments.
As always, in case of emergency please phone the clinic at 519-396-2071.
Updates on COVID-19 Pertaining To You and Your Pet
The following links to a resource we closely follow and monitor, as every post pertains to how COVID-19 affects our relationship with our pets, and how our clinic needs to operate to keep everyone safe.
Pet Health Checker
Use Pet Health Checker to help you decide if your pet’s symptoms require immediate attention or if you should continue to monitor those symptoms at home.
Food & Prescriptions
If you require food and/or prescription refills, please use our online request form. We will contact you once your order is ready, and make payment arrangements and to bring the food out to your vehicle.
Check Out Our Webstore
If you haven’t already, sign up for our webstore. You can get food and supplies delivered right to your door. There are also discounts and free shipping on auto-orders over $50!